Based in Chamonix Mont Blanc since 1995, I'm a IFMGA-UIAGM mountain guide specialised in off-piste skiing, ice climbing and outdoor activities. Guide4Chamonix - "alpes aventures"- is my little Mountain Guide Office.
More than 20 years of ski & climbing experience on mountains all over the world : i'm still excited with Ski touring over the Alps,rock and ice climbing or expeditions … I invite you to discover my secret garden : the Mont Blanc Range.
I must be honest : I'm a Guide, not God. That means i will help you to reach the summit, i will try to prevent any accident, but you will have to trust me and follow my advices. It is why our relationship is as important as any fitness or technic level. It's also this relation which enforces the feeling of any accomplishment.
I'm proud to say that Alpes Aventures is now renowned for its enthusiasm and capacity to give its best to provide solutions, with a personal touch, to thrilling holidays.
Enjoy the mountains !
My philosophy of "the Job"
- I value the personal relationships I form with my clients. This aspect of my work is supremely important to me, and keeps me excited about guiding as a lifelong career.
- I guide the trips myself. I prefer to be 100% responsible for the success of my trips. I feel my own experience skiing, climbing and guiding in so many parts of the world, uniquely qualifies me to decide how best to conduct my programs. If i have to give to a friend he will be one of the few ones i trust blindly.
- My work for other guide services Office is limited to Chamonix Experience, which i'm a full member of. But working over countries helps me to learn from the influences and ideas of other skilled guides from many different areas and backgrounds.
- I work constantly to maintain and upgrade my skills and qualifications. My work as instructor in the French National Alpine School (ENSA), teaching guides training courses, helps me keep abreast of new developments and skills in all disciplines of climbing and guiding.
- I keep my groups and climber-to-guide ratios small. I consider the impact on the safety and flexibility of the group above all when I decide on a maximum group size. Large groups and large climber-to-guide ratios are what make money for a guide service. But I feel that larger groups and ratios compromise the safety, enjoyment and success of individual participants. This is not my Philosophy.
There is a money relation with your guide. And money always matters. So i make it clear : my prices are only "guide fees". this means that you have to think of costs such as hut , water , food (you and your guide). I can inform you of external costs, i can arrange booking or other stuff, but i don't take extra money on thoses services. On the other side, a price is a price. I don't discount or lower my prices. If you're looking for that , see with Ryan Air.
To finish : take good care of your guide , he will take good care of you :)